1. Terms and Conditions
Model year 2009 vehicles. Vehicles must be new and unused Volkswagens, and may be sold from Dealer stock or factory-ordered.
All vehicle descriptions listed below are ineligible to receive Fleet incentives:
- Vehicles exported outside of the U.S.
- Vehicles sold to fleet customers using Volkswagen Credit sub-vented lease or financing rates
- Jetta TDI SportWagen and Touareg 2 V6 TDI
A qualified fleet customer is defined as any company that purchases any new vehicle or vehicles solely for use in its business operations. The vehicle(s) must be titled and registered in the name of the business entity and/or fleet management company in the United States of America. All political subdivisions and public utilities automatically qualify as fleet customers. Fleet customer and Volkswagen of America, Inc., agree as follows:
- Fleet customer will purchase and take delivery of vehicles through authorized Volkswagen Franchise Dealers.
- Fleet customer agrees that it will permit the vehicles to be used only in the U.S. during the time period in which Fleet customer owns the vehicles. If any vehicle is found not to have been registered in the U.S., Fleet customer will not qualify for a Fleet Funding payment and Fleet customer will refund any Fleet Funding payment made to Volkswagen of America, Inc.
- Fleet customer agrees to retain ownership of each of the vehicles for a minimum period of six months. Vehicles found not to have been owned by Fleet customer and in bona fide Fleet service for such period will not qualify for a Fleet Funding payment and Fleet customer will refund any Fleet Funding payment made to Volkswagen of America, Inc.
- All vehicles will carry the applicable manufacturer's limited warranties and Roadside Assistance programs.
- National, regional, or other retail incentives (special value packages, lease and APR programs) cannot be applied in conjunction with the VFI Program. Also, no cash incentives or loyalty monies can be applied in conjunction with the VFI.
- Volkswagen of America, Inc., reserves the right to change the amount of the Volkswagen Fleet Incentive throughout the year at its discretion.
- Volkswagen of America, Inc., does not by this Agreement convey any rights whatsoever in any trademarks, trade names, brand marks, or logos owned by or licensed to it. Fleet customer has no right to grant any such permission or interest. Fleet Customer's use of any trademarks, trade names, brand marks or logos owned by or licensed to Volkswagen of America, Inc., shall be subject to the prior written approval of Volkswagen of America.
- The parties will make every attempt to amicably and timely resolve disputes that may arise under this agreement. If, after such attempts, they are unable to resolve any such dispute, the parties agree that venue and jurisdiction will rest with the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
2. In-Service Requirements
The minimum in-service requirement is six months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first), unless a vehicle has been damaged beyond repair (i.e., flood, thermal incident, frame, etc.) and all documentation is available for review by Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Customers that violate the minimum in-service requirement are subject to exclusion from all program benefits in the future.
3. Retail Incentives
National, regional or other retail incentives (special value packages, customer cash and APR programs) cannot be applied in conjunction with the VFI Program.
4. Price Negotiations
Volkswagen of America, Inc., Corporate Sales will not be involved in these transactions, other than to pay the VFI to the participating Dealer. Only the Dealer will be involved with customer negotiations. Volkswagen Fleet Incentive values will be made available to fleet customers who are assigned a Volkswagen Fleet Identification Number Code (FIN Code). If you have not registered for a Volkswagen Fleet Identification Number, please do so today.
All vehicles sold under the auspices of the VFI Program will be eligible for the Volkswagen Fleet Incentive amount. This incentive may NOT be combined with any applicable national, regional or other retail incentives.
5. Program Procedures
VFI transactions do not qualify for Volkswagen or Volkswagen Credit Inc. Incentive Programs and/or sub-vented lease or financing rates.
The participating Dealer also may sell parts, accessories, finance and insurance products, and other items in the same manner as with any other retail purchaser. Participating Dealers may take vehicles on trade and may acquire and dispose of such vehicles as in any normal retail transaction. The terms of such trade are to be negotiated solely between the Dealer and the customer.
Parts, Service and Warranty:
Non-warranty related service, parts and maintenance will not be discounted for Corporate Sales customers. All new and unused vehicles sold through Volkswagen Corporate Sales will retain their full Manufacturer's Limited Warranty including the Volkswagen Carefree Maintenance Program and 24-Hour Roadside Assistance.
Acceptance of an order by the ordering system from a Dealer or Fleet management company will not constitute a guarantee from Volkswagen of America to produce a vehicle. Volkswagen of America, Inc., reserves the right to limit production, cancel, amend, revise or revoke any program at any time.